I always thought this saying/ belief/ practice was stupid until about 2 years ago. Until one of my friends so kindly pointed out the supporting facts. Au contraire, there is a lot to be said about a man and his shoes.
As a good friend to you guys, it would only be right for me to dish the dirt. I did it just for you WWMD fam… Here’s what 10 other woman had to say:
When looking at his shoes, I can tell if he is…
1. “Clean. If his shoes are all scuffed up, I can see that he doesn’t take pride in how he dresses. You don’t need money to have clean shoes”
2. “A show off. Like Kanye West. does a man really need to have spikes on his shoes? haha but you can tell a lot about his style. Is he into the latest trends? The latest Jordons etc. or is he the opposite”
3. “I can tell what type of job he has. Are those dress shoes fake leather, real leather, the good quality stuff or are they all creased up? Is he wearing sneakers on a workday or boat shoes? I can tell if he works on Wall st, vs the entertainment industry vs. a retail job”
4. “Although this isn’t always true, I can’t help but revert to the old saying and excitement that I get from seeing a man with big feet (You know. The bigger the feet, the bigger the …*cough cough*)
5. “Is he gay? Some shoes just give it away. The extra pointy dress shoes… you’re doing just a little too much friend”
6. What he wears with his shoes are important. Messed up socks: linty, dirty, etc… what the heck? It let’s me know if I can bring you around my girls or if I need to prep your attire beforehand… that’s if I’m willing to deal with all of that”
7. I can tell what his budget is. If he’s cheap, modest, balling. Does he shop on the sale rack?”
8. “Timbs… Tough boots for a tough guy.lol . He’s a true soldier. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing”
9. “Men that wear dress shoes on the weekend usually work corporate or are related to Carlton Banks. 1 of the 2.”
10. “You can definitely tell whether or not he has money”
Do I ever steer you wrong guys?